Saturday, March 1, 2008

My Real Boobs and I just got back from Mexico!

When packing to go on my recent vacation to Mexico, I did the traditional girl thing and went back and forth a gazillion times, trying to decide what and what not to bring along. I wasn't sure whether my vacation would tend toward fun, clubby-type outings or adventurous recreational activities. When it all came together, I packed just about everything I own that is suitable for warm weather, from skirts to shorts and 12 swimsuits in between. And, as I sat on my suitcase to zip it closed, I hoped that I'd covered all the bases.

Upon arrival, I quickly learned I was missing one vital thing (or, to be perfectly honest - two things...)! I may have brought every swimsuit I own (or close to it anyhow), but I surely didn't bring anything artificial to hold them up. Yep - I am a traditionalist in this way. Though the dilemma of cosmetic surgery has weighed on my mind for quite some time, I am still the proud (I think) owner of my original and natural set of breasts. I'm not flat-chested, nor do I have an overflowing bounty. What I do have is relatively proportional to my size and so, for a very long time, it had never actually crossed my mind to "get them done". However, even before vacation, I noticed that maybe they are already not quite as perky as they should be. And, maybe they don't command as much attention as other sets I know. And, since almost all of these said sets are fake, it might lead a girl to believe that this is the way to go.

I mean, my natural breasts aren't always in my corner. A few examples... One, heavens knows I am not the sort of girl who has been or ever will be comfortable going bra-less. Maybe this is a lesson I need to learn? Maybe I need to buy tops with more built in support? Whatever... The fact that I resolutely pair a bra with every outfit outside of pajamas a nudity really puts a crimp in my fashion options. Two, I humbly admit that when dressed up properly, I have a pretty good rack. However, put me in a crowd full of silicone-ites and you'll notice that 99.9% of the eyes are drawn elsewhere. Whatever they say to the contrary, guys always notice boobs - the bigger the better. Now, I have no sure idea what happens after first notice. I am sure that there are guys who say something like: "Oh, those are so fake and look ridiculous!" Then said guy looks away for an option more up his alley. There are definitely guys who do the: "Oh, those are nice to look at, but not so nice to play with." Then these types go look for someone who has a natural pair more to their liking. But, I am here to tell you that I definitely think that there is a guy out there (and most likely, more than one), who says: "Oh, hell yea! Sign me up for those."

*Author's note: Actual posting date 9/18/09. This is an old piece that I just found while cleaning house today. But, except for the fact that I (sadly enough) did not just get back from Mexico, it's still pretty true. I thought I'd post anyway. Consider it to be counterbalance to the downer I posted earlier!

No comments: