Sunday, June 14, 2009

A New Favorite: Fun & Lazy Weekends

I am halfway through a Sunday (and sadly, more than halfway through the weekend) and realized that this weekend has been pretty spectacular. I spent several hours in my pajamas yesterday, watching TV. I made bread this morning (proof shown below)...which is one of my favorite relaxing activities. And, just to save me from Hermit-ism, Rachel and I went to Wiseguys to see the show last night.

By the way, for those of you who are looking for something cheap and relatively easy to do on a spontaneous night out, I highly recommend Wiseguys. Rach and I both had a fun time. For as much as it costs to go to the movies, you can go watch a live show - with alcohol! Wiseguys at Trolley Square is also pretty cozy. I think there were 15 people at the show last night. The comics all made the most of it and did a lot to involve the audience. However, we did hear afterward that such conditions are pretty difficult for live performances. But I had a good time and it was nice to get out and have a laugh.

I took some very random photos this morning... I have always wanted to feed my ego and take pictures of my bread, which is where the photo journey started this morning. Then I figured I might as well take a few of my house in non-destruct state. It looks much nicer and is much more comfortable, at least from where I'm sitting. Although, since the pest control has come by, I've found 2 new PESTS.



As a sidenote: That loaf of wheat on the right? Yeah, I'm still not 100% sure that I actually made it... When I checked to make sure it was rising, it had suddenly grown into a real size loaf of bread! Honestly, this has never happened before. Usually, my bread loaves are (delicious) but of a half-ass size. I'm so excited. Maybe my bread knew I would be photographing today and it was on it's best behavior... Something to keep in mind in the future.


No comments: