Friday, August 28, 2009

TV is damaging my brain

Let me start by acknowledging the fact that my brain is pretty fertile ground for damage at this time. So, when I watch TV shows that take place in exciting cities or movies with Cinderella-story plotlines, it's a safe bet that I will be enchanted and long to adopt a new life.

For example... Recently, I started watching the show Las Vegas. This is an older show. It is 100% escapist TV, which I basically require for any TV show I watch. So, I think this show is fun and appealing. I get to indulge all my men fantasies, as this show is packed to the gills with guys I find attractive. And then, as I'm into my 4th episode for the night, I start to think... Hey, what if I moved to Las Vegas. I bet my life would be exactly like this show. This is where the danger starts.

Dangerous why, you wonder? Well, my guess is that if you found someone in Las Vegas working in any bigtime casino job, they'd probably have a fault or two with the show - not the least of which being that every episode has a happy ending. I'm fairly certain that this isn't so commonplace in real-life Las Vegas. Especially when you start adding hit men, strippers and thieves to the mix. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Anyway, I'd just like to point out that I'm having a really hard time not picking up and moving South.

No comments: